What makes the International Academy Unique?
We are the pioneers in having a 50-50 Spanish Dual Language Program in grades 6, 7, and 8 in Middle School in Queens.
Interdisciplinary Portfolios are used to showcase students' performance as well as benchmarks for Professional Development.
Teachers share their successful instructional practices at different conferences.
Our Inquiry Focus has allowed teachers to promote a culture of intervisitation and critical friend relationship.
- We celebrate students' success by inviting their parents, peers, teachers and administrators to see their accomplishments.
- Each department has access to their own mobile computer lab.
- The staff represents 14 different countries.
- Our enrichment program includes (Belly-Dancing, Guitar, Drums, Computers, Art, Chorus, Italian and a chess Club).
- Students receive instructions by one of their regular assigned teachers when one of their teachers is absent.
- 8th Graders attend overnight trips.
Last Modified on November 25, 2008